Saturday, December 27, 2008

Resolutions...

So, it's a little early for this, but I have been thinking a lot about New Year's resolutions. At the beginning of each new year we always set resolutions, but for some reason they always end up being more like goals. This year I have made it my goal to not set goals, but to set resolutions. The definition I like best for the word resolution is the act of resolving or determining upon an action or course of action, method, procedure. I have things that I want to do with my life and this year I will make them happen. I often find myself waiting for the right circumstance or situation; I think things have to be a certain way before I can make a decision or take a risk. This year my decisions are my own and I will not wait for anyone else to make them for me, nor will I let them. I know who I am and who I want to be and I will do whatever it takes to get myself there. I love life and I am going to live it to the fullest potential and discover a new part of life. I am going to act instead of being acted upon.

No comments: